Donation Request Policy 2014
The Dyldam Parramatta Eels are proud to support not-for-profit and charitable organisations.
The Club understands that providing support to the community is important and the Parramatta Eels assist a variety of not-for-profit and charitable organisations through awareness and fundraising activities, with donations of signed memorabilia and other merchandise.
The Club receives hundreds of requests for donations and/or assistance from many worthy charitable organisations and individuals each year.
While the Parramatta Eels are committed to assisting the community, we are unable to successfully fulfil every request due to the high volume received.
- The Parramatta Eels do not fulfil personal requests for signed memorabilia.
- The Club does not accept any merchandise, for charity or otherwise, sent to the Club for signing. All items will be returned unsigned.
- All members and supporters are encouraged to attend events where players may be available for signing of autographs.
- Requests for monetary donations and sponsorship will not be accepted.
- The Parramatta Eels receive many requests from individuals who have fallen on hard times. Whilst we hope to assist in as many requests as possible, the individual’s relationship with the game and the club will be a factor in assisting requests.
If your organisation is interested in requesting a donation of signed merchandise from the Parramatta Eels please see below information and adhere to the below criteria.
Preference will be given to groups/individuals/causes in the following order:
- Parramatta Eels designated charity partners;
- Junior Rugby League Clubs in the Parramatta District that need fundraising assistance;
- Schools within the Parramatta District that support the Club’s Blue & Gold Heart Community Program, the Parramatta Eels Development Programs, Eels Educate or the Parramatta School to Work program.
- Individuals who are involved in Rugby League in the Parramatta District and have fallen on hard times;
- Eels Members or fans who have fallen on hard times.
The following is required for all donation applications:
- Requests need to be in writing at least 8 weeks prior to the event;
- Requests must be on organisation letterhead and include Company Names, postal address, and contact details;
- Where the request relates to a fundraising event on behalf of another not-for-profit organisation, the request must contain an authority verifying the authenticity of the event;
- Requests must advise where the fundraising proceeds will go;
- Schools must provide evidence of their support of Rugby League;
- Organisations must provide evidence of their support of Rugby League or the Club;
- If you are fundraising via an event, please provide the date and location of the event;
- To be eligible for assistance the following year, organisations must fill in the feedback fax form and return it.
- Donations are limited to one per organisation per year.
If your charitable organisation does not fit the above criteria or the Eels corporate objectives but you would like the opportunity to purchase a fully signed 2014 Parramatta Eels jersey for fundraising purposes at $160 please contact Jordyn Colless at email@example.com to arrange.
Requests should be addressed to:
The Donations Coordinator
PO BOX 2666
North Parramatta NSW 1750