The Parramatta Eels are committed to being involved in the local community, and are happy to assist in fundraising and the awareness of charitable organisations.
Requests for the Parramatta Eels Players and/or Coaching Staff to make an appearance at an event must be in writing along with a completed player appearance request form and submitted to the Parramatta Eels Community Department.
Preferences of requests are given in the following order:
- Local Schools that are associated with the Parramatta Eels and NRL Game Development Programs
- Local Junior Rugby League Clubs in the Parramatta District
- Parramatta Eels designated charity partners (The Children’s Hospital Westmead, Ronald McDonald House Westmead and Careflight)
- Community Partners of the Parramatta Eels (Life Education NSW, Try Time Rugby League, NSW Touch Football, Men Of League)
- Not-for-profit organisation within the Parramatta District
- Other not-for-profit organisations in the wider community
Please note: Personal appearance requests such as birthday celebrations, weddings, funerals etc will not be considered.
Appearance Request Specifications
All requests must be provided in writing on original organisational letterhead and provide all of the following information:
- Organisation name and background information on the organisation
- The name of the event and a clear description of event, including the numbers expected to attend
- The date, time and location of appearance including parking availability (if location is difficult to find please provide a map or directions)
- Dress requirements (usually players will wear the club polo with jeans unless specified otherwise)
- Duties to be carried out by player(s) at event e.g. signing session, meet and greet etc
- Provide organisation contact name, number and email address. (Please include contact name and number of contact during the event).
- Provide information on the type of advertisement/promotion of event e.g. advertisement in local newspaper.
All requests must be received at least 6 weeks prior to the event and are to be kept to a maximum duration of 1 hour. An extension of this will be negotiated with the Club once your request has been submitted but there are no guarantees. It is recommended that your event does not centre on the expectancy of a Player appearance but should be approached as a complimentary component to your program. Due to overwhelming requests and priorities with training schedules and personal commitments many requests are not able to be fulfilled.
Please note that Players are not available:
- During the off season; this starts as the day following the last match of the season up until mid November
- On bye weekends during the NRL Premiership season
- On the team’s scheduled day off during the week
- On game days
- On the day before and after game day.
All requests and completed player appearance request forms are to be forwarded to email@example.com. Requests made over phone, via fax and emailed by unsolicited organisations will not be considered. All requests will remain pending until the Eels' training schedule is released for the week in question. This can be as late as one week prior to the event date as all requests are organised around training schedules and club commitments. The decision for the approval of a player appearance request is entirely at the Parramatta Eels’ discretion and the decision is final; no further correspondence will be entered into.
Note: In order to consider your request you are required to fill out the player appearance request form below and attached it to your organisation’s letter requesting an appearance.