Pirtek Parramatta Eels fullback Jarryd Hayne has been replaced by Dragons fullback Josh Dugan while he recovers from a hamstring injury sustained in the Eels' loss to the Sydney Roosters in round 13.
Click for the most recent Eels injury update
"Did everything I could to get my hammy right," Hayne told his 49,000 Twitter followers on Sunday night.
"We always knew it was a long shot. Devastated I won't be with the boys for #origin2."
Did everything I could 2 get my hammy right. We always new it was a long shot. Devastated I won't be with the boys 4 #origin2. #blues2013— jarryd hayne (@jarrydhayne_1) June 16, 2013
NSW VB Blues
1. Josh Dugan - St George Illawarra Dragons
2. Brett Morris - St George Illawarra Dragons
3. Michael Jennings - Sydney Roosters
4. Josh Morris - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
5. Blake Ferguson - Canberra Raiders
6. James Maloney - Sydney Roosters
7. Mitchell Pearce - Sydney Roosters
8. Paul Gallen (c) - Cronulla Sharks
9. Robbie Farah (vc) - Wests Tigers
10. Aaron Woods - Wests Tigers
11. Ryan Hoffman - Melbourne Storm
12. Luke Lewis - Cronulla Sharks
13. Greg Bird - Gold Coast Titans
14. Andrew Fifita - Cronulla Sharks
15. Trent Merrin - St George Illawarra Dragons
16. Anthony Watmough - Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
17. Josh Reynolds - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Coach: Laurie Daley