You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content
The Holden Cup Pirtek Parramatta Eels have drawn 22-22 with the St George Illawarra Dragons in their last match on home soil for 2013.

The Blue and Gold deserve to be commended on their effort with a tremendous fight back from down 22-0 in the first half.

The Dragons were quick to score the first points of the match, as centre DJ Harris crossed the try line twice in the first seven minutes of the match. Thanks to two conversions by fullback Jackson Hastings, the Dragons were in the lead 12-0.

The Blue and Gold neared their try line in an attempt to take control of the field, but the Dragons put up a strong defence, preventing the Eels from reaching their target.

A penalty in the Eels' favour placed a pressure point on the Dragons line, and a knock-on from both sides left the Dragons in strong possession of the ball in the 20th minute.

The two sides continued to battle it out throughout the first half of the match, but Dragons centre Kayne Brennan was next to cross the line, taking the score to 16-0 with 11 minutes remaining of the first half.

Brent Anderson of the Dragons secured another try in the far corner of the field, with Hastings converting his third of four attempts and sending the Eels back to the sheds trailing 22-0 at half time.

The Eels returned to the field, refreshed after half time break, and Jordan Latham was the first of the Blue and Gold to charge over the line in the 46th minute. Without hesitation, Mitchell Brasington successfully converted, narrowing the Red V's lead to 22-6.

The Dragons retaliated quickly; gaining ground as they approached their try line. Eels rising talent Corey Makelim made a fantastic break for the Eels, however he was stopped by Dragons defence within a few metres of the try line.

This seemed to only fuel the Eels fire, as James Tuitahi locked in another try for the Eels, but with Brasington missing the conversion, the score was 22-10 with 19 minutes remaining of the second half.

The match was paused momentarily as injured Dragons Jackson Merritt was walked off the field after a collision, and with the Dragons' line back in place, the Eels continued to take advantage of their opportunities.

Zach Dockar-Clay found a space in the Dragons defence and neatly placed the ball over the line. Thanks to Brasingtons boot, the score narrowed to 22-16 with 15 minutes remaining.

An thrilling final try to Corey Makelim satisfied his desire for Blue and Gold points with just minutes remaining on the clock. Mitchell Brasingtons conversion raised the Eels to 22-22 at the full time bell, sending both sides home with a hard-fought draw.

DRAGONS 22 (Harris 2, Brennan, Anderson tries; Hastings 3 goals)

EELS 22 (Latham, Tuitahi, Dockar-Clay, Makelim tries; Brasington 3 goals)

Acknowledgement of Country

Parramatta Eels respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Sponsor

Premier Partners

View All Partners