Dear Members and supporters,
The less said about the disappointment of last Saturday the better: let us refocus our support for the team as they take on Newcastle this week. I'm sure we will all do our best to help the boys get a win over the Knights.
Recently, we have heralded some new signings for next year who will add a new dimension to our squad. The development of our young stars can only be enhanced by being around quality players such as Kieran Foran and others. This year’s season is only six weeks young so don't lose faith just yet. Over the coming weeks we will see the return number of our talented stars adding strike power and depth to the Eels line-up.
This weekend both our Harold Mathews and SG Ball sides compete in the finals series of their respective competitions and we wish them all the best. I know they will do us proud.
Just a brief reminder that May 7-10 are our board election dates for the Parramatta Leagues Club.
You will find the 2014 Parramatta Leagues Club 2014 Annual Report online here, including the details of:
- Best group financial result in over a decade – A $12.5m Leagues Club profit with a consolidated group profit of $6.5m.
- A net improvement of nearly $2m in our NRL Football operations from a $7.5m loss in 2013 to $5.6m in 2014 - resulting in the first reduction of the NRL grant from the Leagues club since 2010.
- Completion of Stage 1 of our new High Performance Centre at Old Saleyards Reserve that has provided the NRL team’s first dedicated training facility in 69 seasons.
- The first profit at Vikings Club since its acquisition, demonstrating the value of this important group asset.
- Unveiling of development plans for a $100m entertainment precinct between Parramatta Leagues Club and Pirtek Stadium.
- The Eels achieving a new NRL membership record of 20,312.
Please show your support for our great club by making your voice heard with a vote.
We can not predict the future but together we can create it.Stay strong, stay united, stay Blue and Gold.