MATCH PREVIEW: Eels v Storm Holden Cup
The Dyldam Parramatta Eels Holden Cup side will take on the Melbourne Storm this Sunday afternoon at Pirtek Stadium for Round Nine of their competition.
The Eels have struggled for consistency in 2015 and the young and talented Blue and Gold side currently sit 13th on the Holden Cup ladder, with three wins and five losses, whilst the Melbourne Storm Holden Cup side sit in 9th position with four wins and four losses.
The Eels will welcome a new halves pairing for their Round Nine encounter with Michael Doolan and Troy Dargan called into the side, after representing the Eels SG Ball side who were knocked out of the District Representative competition in the first week of the Finals.
The Eels will also be boosted by centre Tyrell Fuimaono and captain Alex Twal named in the side after representing the Junior Kangaroos in their thrilling 22-20 victory over the Junior Kiwis over the weekend. The young side will look for leadership from the prop forward who has proven to be one of the premier enforcers in the competition this season.
Looking at their opposition, the Melbourne Storm, the ninth rank side do not travel well, with just the one win away from home all season, and after a gruelling 18-12 battle against Manly in their last start, the Blue and Gold faithful will be hopeful the Storm will not enjoy the road trip to Pirtek Stadium.
Kick off is at 1:45pm.
Parramatta Eels side
1. Bevan French 2. Abbas Miski 3. Tyrell Fuimaono 4. Nathan Davis. 5 Atini Gafa 6. Michael Doolan 7. Troy Dargan 8. Brandon Raeli 9. Dylan Izzard 10. Alex Twal (c) 11. Josh Aloiai 12. Jordan Muna 13. Jeff Markus
14. Alex Bush 15. Tom Amone 16. Jack Morris 17. Tepai Tepu-Smith 18. Jack Anderson
Melbourne Storm side
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2. Tony Tumusa 3. Josh Cullen-Minhinnick 4. Junior Kirisome 5. Latrell Robinson 6. Zion Ioka 7. Jake Turpin 8. Ben Nakubuwai 9. Mack Mason 10. Kurt Bernard 11. Shae Ah Fook 12. Charlie Galo 13. Brendan Frei
14. Connor Donehue 15. Eli Vole 16. John Filipo 17. Josh Kerr
The Round 9 clash falls on Mother’s Day where families can access a general admission family ticket from only $20.
Thanks to our game day partners, Dyldam, we will be celebrating at our game on Mother's Day with a yellow rose giveaway for the first 400 mums in the Parramatta Motor Group TryLine City precinct. Head to our community tent to collect a rose for your mum on the day!
Parramatta Motor Group TryLine City will also host a pamper tent on Sunday, offering a choice of:
· 10 minute express manicures
· 10 minute hand massages
· 6-10 minute mini shoulder and back massages