Tomorrow night, the Dyldam Parramatta Eels will host the prestigious Ken Thornett Medal at Marsfield’s Curzon Hall recognising players from the Blue and Gold’s NRL, NYC and NSW Cup in celebration of the rugby league season in 2015.
Past and present players will mingle with staff and families, along with Blue and Gold Members who have purchased tickets to the exclusive event, emceed by Network Ten sports reporter Adam Hawse.
The night highlights the efforts and achievements of the Blue and Gold throughout the year through various awards, capped off with the Ken Thornett Medal, named for the famous Eels fullback.
The Ken Thornett Medal is voted week-by-week by the Eels NRL team, tallied up across 26 rounds and awarded to the NRL Players’ Player.
Keep your eyes peeled on #KTMedal on Twitter and Instagram for behind the scenes action from the night, including our Twitter Mirror on the Blue and Gold carpet!
The night will celebrate the players 2015 season representative honours along with the following awards:
- Blue and Gold Army NRL Player of the Year Presented by Tooheys – as voted by Blue and Gold Members
- Ray Price NRL Community Award
- Brett Kenny NYC Coaches’ Award
- Steve Ella NYC Players’ Player
- Geoff Gerard NSW Cup Coaches’ Award
- Bob O’Reilly NSW Cup Players’ Player
- Michael Cronin Club Person of the Year
- Eric Grothe Senior NRL Rookie of the Year
- Jack Gibson NRL Coaches’ Award
- Ken Thornett Medal NRL Players’ Player