The Parramatta Leagues Club has today announced that approval has been received to commence the construction process for the new multi-storey carpark in the Parramatta Leagues Club precinct.
See below for the full announcement on this exciting development from Parramatta Leagues Club CEO, Bevan Paul.
I would like to share with you a significant and positive announcement regarding your club's future.
As members are aware, the need for improved carparking has been a concern for Leagues Club patrons for many years and members will be familiar with the challenges associated with managing demand for a carpark with less than 400 spaces on days when 10,000 to 15,000 people attend a game at Parramatta Stadium.
I am pleased to advise members that following lengthy consultation with Parramatta Council, the Joint Regional Planning Panel (Sydney West) has just approved the Leagues Club’s development application for a multi-storey carpark. This development is a giant step forward in convenience for members and will also offer improved safety and security for members and their vehicles.
As you may know this has been a lengthy process and I have outlined the project timeline as a reminder of the work undertaken to achieve this historic and important outcome.
This carpark is significant as it represents the first and most critical part of three major steps over the next few years. Once the carpark is complete, stage two will comprise of an indoor entertainment, fitness and aquatic centre, with a 400 seat event facility crowning this development and stage three will comprise of a 200 room hotel.
The company financial position has continued to improve with a second record year at Parramatta Leagues Club and the company finances are in a strong position where it is projected that the twenty-million dollar carpark development will be funded within existing facilities with no additional debt required.
Importantly, this approval allows the club to continue towards its strategic objective of delivering stage one and two of its redevelopment in time for the opening of the new Parramatta Stadium in 2019 – creating a world class sports and entertainment precinct for Leagues Club members and Parramatta Eels fans.
- July 2014 – Parramatta Leagues club receives approval from the Parramatta park trust to develop the land leased from the trust with new facilities for members starting with a multi-storey space carpark.
- January 2015 – Parramatta Leagues Club commences process with a pre DA lodgement meeting with Parramatta City Council.
- March 2015 – Parramatta leagues Club announces master plan for the Leagues Club site and displays plans to members.
- October 2015 – Eels merchandise store re-opens in Leagues Club foyer
- February 2016 – JRPP (Sydney West) approves development application.
- April 2016 – Eels offices relocated and new carpark created with 80 spaces to mitigate risk of business disruption due to main carpark construction
- August 2016 – main carpark construction projected to commence (start date may change due to Eels home games).
Parramatta Leagues Club (which includes the Eels NRL franchise) is in a strong financial position and is well-prepared to enter this period of development.
Once complete, the Leagues Club will have a significantly increased asset base with diversified sources of income, reduced reliance upon gaming and the owners of the Eels NRL franchise will have a financial security and entertainment precinct that will set a new benchmark for Clubs.