The Parramatta Eels have today received notice from the National Rugby League regarding its final determination from its investigation into salary cap breaches.
The NRL has imposed the following penalties:
- Twelve competition points docked from the Parramatta Eels as of today;
- All differential points (for and against) accumulated in the first nine rounds of 2016 to be revoked;
- The Parramatta Eels fined the maximum penalty of $1 million;
- Five club officials (Chairman Steve Sharp, Deputy Chairman Tom Issa, Director Peter Serrao, CEO John Boulous and Head of Football Operations Daniel Anderson) have their registrations cancelled; and
- The club to be stripped of its 2016 Auckland Nines title and no official 2016 winner recorded.
The club will review carefully all documents provided by the NRL in the coming days, before issuing any public response.