You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Parramatta Eels NYC has dominated the Wests Tigers NYC 48-16 in their Round 7 Easter Monday clash at ANZ Stadium.

The Eels struck first in the 9th minute when Ray Stone took a short ball from dummy half close to the Tigers line and crashed over. Kamren Cryer’s conversion was successful and gave Parramatta a 6-0 lead.

The next 10 minutes became an arm wrestle between the two sides until, in the 19th minute, the Tigers crossed through Liam Pakau down the left edge. The conversion was successful, drawing the Tigers level 6-6.

The Eels then put the following kick-off out on the full.

The Tigers were unable to take advantage of their field position and in the 25th minute the Eels took the lead. Some tough Eels defence 15 metres out from the Tigers line forced the ball loose allowing Ray Stone to scoop up the ball and cross under the posts for his second of the afternoon.

Cryer made no mistake from in front, giving the Eels a six-point buffer at 12-6.

In the 31st minute Parramatta surged further ahead with John Fonua crossing out wide. Dean Matterson took the ball from dummy half and found his halves partner Kamren Cryer who went off his left foot before flicking the ball to fullback Anthony Laoun. Laoun found space to the left and his pass put Fonua over.

Cryer’s conversion from the sideline gave the Eels an 18-6 lead at half time.

Just after the break the Eels crossed in the 46th minute through Greg Leleisuao. The Blue and Gold winger cut through the heart of the Tigers defence 30 metres out from the line and left Wests fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen clutching at thin air with a big right foot step.

Salesia Faingaa then put the hurt on the Tigers, delivering a crunching hit that handed the Eels back possession in the 52nd minute.

Parramatta cashed in their field position in the 54th minute with Oregon Kaufusi taking the pass from dummy half 10 metres out from the Tigers line and crashing over just to the right of the uprights.

Kamren Cryer’s conversion gave Parramatta a 30-6 lead with 25 minutes remaining.

Dean Matterson continued the Blue and Gold’s strong performance when he cut through on the right edge and won the 40 metre race to the line in the 58th minute. Cryer added the two, giving the Eels a 36-6 lead.

The Tigers dragged back a try in the 66th through Peter Pakoti when he crossed on the right wing. A successful conversion saw the Tigers move to 36-12 with 14 minutes to go.

Reed Mahoney quickly cancelled out the Tigers’ response, diving over from dummy half in the 69th minute. Cryer continued his good day with the boot, nailing the conversion and giving Parramatta a 42-12 lead.

Connelly Lemuelu grabbed a late consolation try for the Tigers in the 75th minute, crossing over on the left edge after the ball went through the hands and found the Parramatta defence short. The conversion was unsuccessful and the Eels held a 42-16 lead.

Reed Mahoney then iced the match with his second of the afternoon in the 80th minute. The diminutive rake scooted from dummy-half only 10 metres from the Tigers line and slid over.

Kamren Cryer finished with a perfect record, nailing the conversion from in front and giving the Parramatta Eels NYC side a 48-16 win over the Wests Tigers NYC.

Parramatta Eels 48 (Stone 2, Mahoney 2, Fonua, Leleisiuao, Kaufusi, Matterson tries; Cryer 8/8 goals)


Wests Tigers 16 (Pakau, Pakoti, Lemuelu tries; Higgins 2/3 goals).

Acknowledgement of Country

Parramatta Eels respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Sponsor

Premier Partners

View All Partners