You have skipped the navigation, tab for page content

The Parramatta Eels NYC have run out convincing winners against the New Zealand Warriors NYC 22-4 in their Round 13 clash at ANZ Stadium.

The Eels came into the clash missing a number of stars, with in-form trio Dane Aukafolau, Ray Stone and Greg Leleisiuao promoted to the Wentworthville Magpies Intrust Super Premiership side while Tuimavave Afualo was ruled out due to injury.

The Blue and Golds had early field position courtesy of a mistake by the Warriors 20 metres out from their own line. In the 11th minute it looked like the Eels had cashed in on their advantage when lock and captain Denzal Tonise crashed only to be held up over the line.

The game became a slugfest in the middle with neither side making simple errors or giving away penalties.

After 15 minutes, however the Eels looked to have again broken the deadlock but for the final pass being called forward which would have seen Sean Keppie score under the posts.

With 22 minutes gone Emosi Alamoti crossed for the first points of the match. The Blue and Gold centre slicing through on the right edge to cross under the sticks. Troy Dargan’s conversion gave the Eels a 6-0 lead.

Five minutes later and the Warriors responded through Paul Turner with the livewire five-eighth stepping through the Eels’ right edge defence to score to the left of the uprights. Chanel Harris-Tavita converted to bring the score level at 6-6.

Troy Dargan looked to have broken the deadlock five minutes after the half time break but was pulled up for an obstruction by Sean Keppie.

After being denied earlier in the match Tonise wouldn’t be denied a second time, barging over from close range to break the deadlock in the 55th minute. Dargan made no mistake from next to the uprights and the Eels led 12-6.

The Eels proceeded to build some pressure with repeat sets on the Warriors line but were unable breach the New Zealanders’ defensive line.

With the clock beginning to tick away John Fonua crossed for Parramatta’s third try of the evening off a floating cut-out pass from Troy Dargan. The Eels halfback landed the sideline conversion and the Blue and Golds had jumped to an 18-6 lead with 12 minutes remaining.

The Warriors weren’t willing to give up though with Javvie Pitovao crashing over only to be held up by some desperate goal line defence.

Parramatta proceeded to ice the match when they went to their right edge 40 metres from the Warriors line. Dargan managed to slice through some flimsy Warrior defence before hitting Reed Mahoney who found Dunster down the left touch line.

Dargan was unable to convert and the Eels ran out 22-4 winners.

Parramatta Eels 22 (Tries: Alamoti, Tonise, Fonua, Dunster. Goals: Dargan 3/4)


New Zealand Warriors 6 (Tries: Turner. Goals: Harris-Tavita 1/1)

Acknowledgement of Country

Parramatta Eels respect and honour the Traditional Custodians of the land and pay our respects to their Elders past, present and future. We acknowledge the stories, traditions and living cultures of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples on the lands we meet, gather and play on.

Major Sponsor

Premier Partners

View All Partners