LEADING players, clubs and codes have called for sports fans to grab the opportunity to see inside the magnificent new Bankwest Stadium in Western Sydney for the first time.
- Tickets are available from 1pm Wednesday for the Bankwest Stadium Community Open Day on Sunday 14 April.
- Tickets are free but fans need to redeem a ticket and choose a session time to tour the Stadium.
- All tickets to the Bankwest Stadium Community Open Day include public transport to and from Parramatta.
- Open Day tickets can be redeemed at ticketek.com.au/openday from 1pm Wednesday 27 February
Fans will get their first look at the new home of sport and entertainment in Parramatta as the world-class 30,000-seat facility opens its doors to the community on Sunday 14 April.
More than 30,000 tickets will be available and patrons will be able to choose from one of four sessions to tour the Stadium.
Parramatta Eels star Clint Gutherson, Wests Tigers halfback Luke Brooks and Western Sydney Wanderers captain Brendan Hamill and W-League goalkeeper Jada Whyman said fans would be able to see for themselves how close to the action they will be when the big games start to roll from mid-April.
“Excitement is building every day ahead of our return to Parramatta and fans will get their first glimpse inside the Stadium at the Community Open Day on Sunday 14 April,” Gutherson said.
“The anticipation is so high, a record number of our Members have already secured their full-season tickets for 2019.
“The players can’t wait for the first sporting event at the Stadium – the Round 6 Easter Monday game against Wests Tigers – and we know the fans are excited too, because it’s already on its way to being a sell-out.”
While Bankwest Stadium is the new home of sport and entertainment in Western Sydney, the Stadium and the Stadium Precinct will also host a range of community events and activities, as well as business meetings and special events.
HOW BANKWEST STADIUM COMMUNITY OPEN DAY WILL WORK
Sunday 14 April
- Fans will need a ticket to enter the Stadium. Free tickets can be redeemed at ticketek.com.au/openday from 1pm Wednesday 27 February.
- They will be able to choose from one of four one-hour sessions:
- *Additional sessions may be added on demand