The Parramatta Eels would like to provide an update on Maika Sivo.
- Maika Sivo was today successful in having his bail conditions amended and will be able to return to Australia for the start of preseason training.
- Following a number of commitments made by Maika and the Parramatta Eels Club to the Fijian court, Maika has been given permission to travel back to Australia while his case progresses through the legal system.
- Parramatta Eels General Manager of Football Mark O’Neill, and a member of our Eels welfare team, have travelled to Fiji to meet with the local legal team and provide support to Maika and his family.
- Maika and the Club are pleased with the outcome of today’s proceedings and reiterate our respect for the Fijian legal system and its processes.
- Maika will return to Australia with our Eels staff and be ready for the commencement of Eels training next week.