The Parramatta Eels have today launched an Eels Bushfire Relief Appeal to support the communities affected by the current bushfire crisis.
In conjunction with the Parramatta Leagues Club, NRL, NSW Government and the Salvation Army, the Club will be delivering and supporting a range of initiatives for the communities most in need. This includes donations by the Club and Parramatta Leagues Club totalling $75,000.
Parramatta Eels Chief Executive, Jim Sarantinos, said everyone at the club is deeply moved by the crisis and is keen to help in any way possible.
“Our connection with the community is very important to our club and we’re all very saddened by the loss that so many have suffered across the country”, Sarantinos said.
“Through this devastation, we have also been inspired by the incredible acts of bravery and selflessness shown by our amazing emergency services teams, volunteers and all those that have made sacrifices to support others”.
“We know that the recovery will be a long and challenging one and we’ll be doing everything we can to assist”.
The initiatives the Club will facilitate to contribute to the communities and people in need include:
- An online donation drive and auction of Parramatta Eels memorabilia and VIP experiences donated by the Club, its players and our Club legends CLICK HERE TO DONATE OR BID ON THE AUCTION. This will be kicked off with an initial $25,000 donation from the Parramatta Eels.
- Fundraising activities at our upcoming Blue & Gold Army Festival.
- Fundraising initiatives led by our players.
- Players and staff assisting with the humanitarian response in affected communities.
- Raising funds and honouring emergency services personnel through the NRL’s dedicated Bushfire Appeal Round during Round One, including special tickets for all local emergency service workers and volunteers
All proceeds raised by the Club will be passed on to the Salvation Army’s Disaster Relief Appeal.
In addition, Parramatta Leagues Club has to date made donations of $50,000 as part of its broader plan to support the disaster affected communities. These donations have been made directly to several clubs in the affected communities who are providing tremendous support to those impacted.