The Parramatta Eels face the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Bankwest Stadium in an elimination semi final on Saturday 10 October.
After a 36-24 defeat to the Melbourne Storm last week, the Blue & Gold enter the do or die clash missing Maika Sivo who has been ruled out with injury and George Jennings in his place. Ray Stone is the only other change, coming in to the side in place of a suspended Marata Niukore.
The Souths enter the clash, high on confidence, after a 46-20 victory over the Newcastle Knights last week. The Rabbitohs have named the same line up for Saturday’s clash.
Here is everything you need to know ahead of the clash.
12:15pm: Gates Open
12:30pm: NRLW Warriors v Roosters
4:00pm: NRLW Dragons v Broncos
7:50pm: NRL Eels v Souths
Match: Eels v Rabbitohs
Finals Week 2 -
Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
Tickets to the clash went on sale to Blue & Gold Members on Monday morning and the Blue & Gold Army were strong in support with the game selling out earlier this week.
Please note that every row has been sold, however seats in front and behind your group will automatically be left empty by the ticketing system. Patrons must sit in the reserved seat on their ticket.
If you are attending the clash, please note Bankwest Stadium is enforcing social distancing, cashless transactions, and mobile-only ticketing along with revisions to their food and beverage packages.
How can I be COVID safe at the game?
- We kindly request members to consider the safety of others and please stay home if you have been feeling unwell, have been in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are awaiting on the results of a COVID-19 test (including yourself).
- If you have been in a COVID-19 hotspot such as Victoria in the last 14 days or any of the venues listed on the NSW health website in the designated time periods you will not be permitted to attend events at the Stadium at this time.
- Fans are strongly encouraged to wear face masks when entering the stadium and moving around the venue, including whilst buying food and beverages and using the bathroom facilities.
- With crowds increasing to 50% of capacity, in line with NSW Health Orders, fans are encouraged to be aware of their personal space at all times while staying tolerant of those in close proximity;
- Please remain in your designated seats unless buying food and beverages or using the bathroom.
More information on Bankwest Stadiums COVIDSafe measures can be found here.
Is your Plan B sorted?
Wherever you’re watching the game, if you drink, you’ll need a Plan B to get home. Whether that’s taking public transport, ride-sharing, using a taxi or arranging a lift. Be the real MVP of the night, sort out a plan B and don’t drink drive.
- With stadium capacities increasing, fans are encouraged to consider all the available travel options ahead of time as public transport continues to operate at a reduced capacity to maintain physical distancing across the network.
- Fans are encouraged to drive and use the available car parks in Parramatta CBD within short walking distance of Bankwest Stadium. Traffic may be heavier than usual on roads in the area so allow extra travel time. Visit livetraffic.comfor real-time traffic conditions.
- Road closures will be in place prior to full-time on sections of O’Connell St, Ross St and Victoria Rd outside the stadium. Be patient when leaving the game as roads will be busy. If you’re travelling home by taxi or ride share choose a pick up location away from the stadium.
- If you’re travelling by public transport, remember to allow extra travel time and plan ahead using the Trip Planneror real-time transport apps to check real-time capacity indicators where available as you may need to wait for the next service with available physical distancing capacity.
- The closest train station to Bankwest Stadium is Parramatta. Trains run every 10 to 15 minutes in both directions. The stadium is a 15 minute walk from the station.
- Buses run regularly to Parramatta Interchange and some services also make stops near the stadium on O’Connell St. Keep in mind if you’re catching buses home some bus stops outside the stadium will be closed while road closures are in place.
- Remember to practise physical distancing when on-board transport services and to look for the ‘green dots’ to find the safest places to sit or stand. Wearing a face mask while travelling on public transport is also strongly recommended and fans are encouraged to keep their face masks on until they reach their seats inside the stadium.
- Additional measures and staff will be in place around key transport hubs and venues to safely manage crowds arriving and leaving the game so be patient, practise physical distancing while in queues and follow the directions of staff on site.
- For more details and to plan your trip visit transportnsw.info
Parramatta Leagues Club
Make the Parramatta Leagues Club your home ground on Saturday when we take on the Rabbitohs!
Open to all fans, friends and followers with Eels Lane outdoor dining, combos and Pablo’s open for pizza and beverages.
The best way to follow the Eels on game day and during the week is through the Eels website, social media channels and on the app.
We will be posting all the interviews, exclusive content, match previews, pre-game and post game analysis and much much more! Our social media channels will provide all the latest updates and breaking news so make sure you follow us and get all the updates as they happen.
- Instagram: @theparraeels
- Facebook: @TheParraEels
- Twitter: @theparraeels
- LinkedIn: @Parramatta Eels
- 📲 Eels App - Apple Store: http://eels.co/EelsiPhoneApp
- 📲 Eels App - Google Play: http://eels.co/EelsAndroidApp
All matches for Week One of the NRL Telstra Premiership 2020 Finals Series and the NRL Telstra Women’s Premiership will be broadcast live on the Nine Network, Fox League, Kayo Sports, SKY NZ and on NRL Live Pass
Fan and member information
The NRL understands our fans have plenty of questions regarding COVID-19 and the impact it is having on our game. To help answer some of the most frequently asked questions, we have created the below central information pages: