Introducing the Parramatta Eels 2023 Anzac Round ‘Blue and Gold Army’ uniform.
The Eels 2023 Anzac Round Jersey has been designed to honour Colonel Jack Argent OBE OAM ED who was the revered leader and founder of the Parramatta Eels and served in World War 2 as part of the 2/3rd Anti-Tank Regiment Royal Australian Artillery 9th Division 2nd AIF.
The Regiment, formed in 1940 at Warwick Farm served with distinction through the Siege of Tobruk, El Alamein both the 1st and 2nd Battles, New Guinea Campaign and Borneo Campaign.
The jersey embodies the spirit of the ANZACs and acknowledges their service to our nation. The 2/3rd Anti-Tank Regiment Royal Australian Artillery retains a linage to the 23 Field Battery 9th Regiment Royal Australian Artillery 2nd Division that still serves today.
There are several homages to the Regiment and ANZAC spirit throughout the design including:
- The four horizontal stripes of the Parramatta Eels jersey are connected representing the Regiment uniform belt.
- Sergeant Chevrons which adorned the Regiment uniform sleeve replicated on the shoulders of the jersey.
- The official 2/3rd Anti-Tank Regiment insignia adorns the jersey sleeve.
- Squadron name imprinted on the lower back of the jersey.
- ‘We will remember them’ adorns the jersey in scroll inspired by typography and design from medals and plaques.
- The traditional Parramatta Eels gold is replaced by metallic gold to honour the distinction in which the regiment served.
- Pattern on jersey sides reflects the rising of the sun and in particular Darwin where the Eels are honoured to play their official Anzac Round match in front of a crowd with such a rich and deep Anzac history.
The Parramatta Eels would like to acknowledge and gives thanks to the Australian Army and the wider Australian Defence Force (ADF) for their endorsement and approval in the use of design elements and icons embedded in the jersey. The Eels are proud to be able to honour the Regiment that has such a special link to our Club, and all former and current servicemen and women who have served our country.