With another big crowd on the way to Thursday night's clash at Bankwest Stadium between the Eels and Panthers, Blue & Gold Members and fans are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the fact that public transport is included in all tickets and Club Memberships.
There is no public parking on-site at Bankwest Stadium so we advise that the best travel option is public transport.
Valid pre-purchased match tickets and Eels Memberships include travel to and from Bankwest Stadium in Parramatta on the following public transport services:
· Train services (bounded by Bomaderry, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone and Dungog stations)
· Regular bus services
· Sydney Ferries and Newcastle Ferries
· Sydney and Newcastle Light rail services
For the most up-to-date transport details for each event and to plan your trip, visit the Transport for NSW Event Page here: https://transportnsw.info/events/2019/05/nrl-eels-v-panthers
Match: Eels v Panthers
Round 11 -
Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney
The closest station to Bankwest Stadium is Parramatta which is approximately a 10 minute walk via Argyle St, Church St, the Riverside Walk or through Prince Alfred Square to the Stadium on O’Connell St. Alternatively, make your way down Church St, George St or Phillip St then O’Connell St.
Please note the Riverside Walk is not an accessible route. See the below map for more details on how to get to and from the stadium.
Trains run every 10 to 15 minutes to Parramatta in both directions.
Plenty of regular route bus services run to and from Parramatta Interchange which is within a 10 minute walking distance of Bankwest Stadium. From the interchange head down Argyle St, Church St and take either the Riverside Walk or walk through Prince Alfred Square to get to the stadium on O’Connell St. See the below map for more details on how to get to and from the stadium.
The following routes will run services every 10 to 20 minutes to and from Parramatta between approximately 4:30pm and 11pm, depending on the route:
- Route T65 between Rouse Hill and Parramatta
- Route 601 between Rouse Hill and Parramatta
- Route M60 between Castle Hill Station and Parramatta Interchange
- Route 549 between Epping and Parramatta
- Route M54 between Epping and Parramatta
Plenty of other regular bus routes also run to Parramatta and stop within walking distance of the stadium including routes T80, 603, 606, 609, 625 and M54.
The free Parramatta CBD shuttle bus (route 900) runs regularly from 8am until 6:30pm but keep in mind this service is limited and will be busy so consider the short 15 minute walk to the stadium instead. See the below Shuttle Bus Map for stop locations.
Trackwork is taking place on Thursday 23 May and may affect how you travel to and from the event:
- City Circle Line: From 21:30, Trains run in one direction only, from Central first stop Town Hall.
- T2 Inner West & Leppington Line and T8 Airport & South Line: From 21:30, some T2 Inner West & Leppington Line trains from the City start at Central, and T8 Airport & South Line trains to the City end at Central.
- Blue Mountains Line: Buses replace trains between Lithgow and Mount Victoria. Trains run to a changed timetable between Mount Victoria and Central. Bathurst trains continue to run between Bathurst and Central, to a changed timetable. Daily from 09:20 until 17:30, buses replace trains between Lithgow and Katoomba. Trains run between Katoomba and Central, some to a changed timetable.
- Hunter Line: From 04:00 Tuesday until 22:10 Thursday, buses replace trains between Scone and Maitland. Trains between Dungog, Maitland and Newcastle Interchange may run up to 15 minutes later than the normal timetable.
ACCESSIBLE SHUTTLE BUS
An accessible shuttle bus service for patrons with a disability or mobility impairments will run between Parramatta Interchange and the Stadium. Services pick up and drop off on Argyle St just after Church St outside Parramatta Westfield and on O'Connell St at the Parramatta Leagues Club.
The accessible shuttle bus is running from 5:30pm until 8:00pm and 10:00pm to midnight between Parramatta Interchange and the stadium.
Parramatta Wharf is closed for upgrades from Tuesday 30 April for about six months, weather and conditions permitting. For more information visit transportnsw.info.
TAXI & RIDE SHARE
A secure taxi rank is located at Parramatta Westfield on Fitzwilliam Street. An alternate taxi rank is located on the eastern side of Villiers St between Ross St and Victoria Rd.
Note: O’Connell St is a no-stopping zone and taxis or any other vehicles are not permitted to drop off or pick up any passengers at any time. Closures will also be in place along O'Connell St, Ross St and Victoria Rd. Attendees who are being picked up or dropped off are encouraged to pre-plan a location away from the stadium.
For details of taxi networks servicing the Sydney area visit NSW Taxi Council.
Roads approaching Parramatta are expected to be busy approaching the area so if you are planning on driving, allow additional travel time. See the Bankwest Stadium transport and walking map for more info on how to get to and from the stadium.
With huge crowds expected, public transport is encouraged however there are parking options available. Very limited parking spots are available at the Parramatta Leagues Club and we recommend arriving as early as possible to secure a spot. Pricing for the car park is dependant on if you are a Leagues Club Member (not a Football Club Member). Leagues Club Members can spend $8 throughout the Leagues Club for your parking to be validated. Non-Leagues Club Members can spend $25 through the Leagues Club for your parking to be validated.
For information on Parking at the League’s Club, please visit: https://www.parraleagues.com.au/bankwest-stadium-event-day-information/
For information on Parking around Parramatta, please visit: https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/living-community/car-parks
Please note that there will be no parking at the Cumberland Hospital site to the North of Bankwest Stadium with enforced parking restrictions to prevent potential damage to the historic site. Security personnel will be on-site to restrict entrances to the area which will not be available for parking. This is organised by Health Infrastructure NSW, the licensee of the site.
Traffic will be heavy on roads approaching the stadium including Parramatta Rd, Church St, Victoria Rd, James Ruse Dr and Pennant Hills Rd.
The following roads around the stadium will close half an hour before full-time and remain closed for around an hour after the game or until crowds have cleared:
- O’Connell St from Grose St to George St
- Ross St from O’Connell St to Trott St
- Victoria Rd from O’Connell St to Villiers St
Motorists are advised to allow plenty of extra travel time through Parramatta CBD area and consider travelling via Parkes St, Harris St, Macarthur St and Isabella St or Victoria Rd instead to avoid the delays. Motorists should also exercise caution as pedestrian activity will be high on roads between Parramatta Interchange and the Stadium as crowds arrive and leave the area.