Centre Of Excellence
Parramatta Eels Centre of Excellence and Community Facility
Kellyville Park, Memorial Avenue, Kellyville
The Parramatta Eels National Rugby League Club (the Eels), with support from Hills Shire Council and the Federal Government, is leading the development of a new world-class Centre of Excellence and Community Hub for Western Sydney.
As part of the Kellyville Park master plan, Council has completed a number of upgrades including two new sports fields, new car park and access from Stone Mason Drive, storage, amenities and drainage.
A new era for local sport
Kellyville Park will be the home for all ages and abilities – from grassroots to elite sport. The state-of-the-art facilities will enable junior, senior and elite sports men and women to take their game to the next level.
From across Sydney, teams will go head to-to-head in touch footy, Tag League and all abilities Try Time Rugby League. Students can strive for their personal best at school sports Gala Days and face off their friendly-rivals at P.S.S.A.
The Eels are committed to fostering the talent of Western Sydney. Parramatta Junior Rugby League has the second largest catchment in New South Wales and is home to 5,200 aspiring players, 352 teams and 28 clubs.
Heart of Western Sydney
The Eels is about more than just footy, in 2019:
- 39,053 young people participated in development programs
- The Eels volunteered for 1,014 hours
- 80K was raised local charities
- Up to 1,500 seat grandstand for spectator viewing
- Unisex change rooms and amenities for local sporting clubs and Eels pathway programs
- Community gym for local sporting clubs and Eels pathway programs
- Dedicated referee change room
- First Aid room and storage
- Media facilities
- Multipurpose community room with kitchen facilities
Centre of Excellence
- Administration offices and meeting rooms
- NRL and NRLW changerooms and amenities
- Aquatic rehabilitation facilities
- Medical and Sports Science facilities
- Player welfare facilities
- Fan area and Eels merchandise shop
- Administration offices and meeting rooms for the Eels
Thinking of our neighbours
We are focused being a good neighbour - well before construction commences and the front gate opens. Therefore, our plans will include:
- Effective traffic management, carparking and access during construction and operations
- Minimising any noise impacts on neighbours by using sound reduction materials to absorb crowd and game noise
- Careful lighting design, to avoid light spill onto neighbouring homes.
The Parramatta Eels is working closely with a traffic planning expert, Transport for NSW and Hills Shire Council to coordinate traffic management and other road upgrades to minimise impact on the local community and residents throughout construction and operations.
Keeping you informed
More information about the project will be available in coming months and we will be keeping supporters and the community informed about next steps.
To provide feedback or request more information on the project more generally, please email Chris Brown (Waypoint) - firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact the Eels regarding the project please email Joshua Drayton – email@example.com
The Eels have a long history within Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and we acknowledge and the respect the people of the Darug nation who are the traditional of the land in which Kellyville Park is located.
Centre Of Excellence
Current status of work
- Design: Design continues to progress to 100% final design with focus on obtaining the second construction certificate.
- Site Establishment: Installation of site boundary fencing, site compound and connection of temporary site services to be completed by mid-late September 2023.
- Site Works:
- Bulk excavation to the new community facility building and the CoE building is progressing, with piling commencing in December. There will continue to be an increase in vehicle movements along Stone Mason Drive. Traffic Management will be in place at all times during truck movements.
- Concrete structure will commence in January 2024 as is expected to be completed in June 2024.
- Telephone (24 hour): 1300 606 773
ATTN: The Project Manager
PNRL Centre of Excellence Project
Kane Constructions Pty Ltd
2 John Street
Waterloo NSW 2017 Australia
- Post: PO Box 243 Alexandria 2015
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Condition A2 Plans
Current Statutory Approvals
Strategies Plans and Programs
- Soil and Water Management Report
- Air Quality Management Plan
- Environment Management Plan
- Noise and Vibration Management Plan
- Pedestrian and Traffic Management Plan
- Tree Protection Plan
- Unexpected Finds Protocol
- Waste Management Plan
- Dust Monitoring Report - October 23
- Dust Monitoring Report - November 23
- Dust Monitoring Report - December 23
- Dust Monitoring Report - January 24
- Noise monitoring result report undertaken in January 2024 (next report due in March 2024)